My Baby's Growth
Fetal development - month 4
At the end of 4 months:
- Baby is 6-1/2 to 7 inches long.
- Weight is about 6 to 7 ounces.
- Baby is developing reflexes, such as sucking and swallowing, and may begin sucking thumb.
- Tooth buds are developing.
- Sweat glands are forming on palms and soles.
- Fingers and toes are well defined.
- Gender is identifiable.
- Skin is bright pink, transparent and covered with soft, downy hair.
- Although recognizably human in appearance, the baby would not be able to survive outside the mother’s body.