Sutter Amador Hospital
Sutter Amador Hospital is a 66-bed hospital located in the foothill community of Jackson, California, serving all of Amador County. The new Sutter Amador Hospital facility opened in April, 2000.
The Family Birth Center at Sutter Amador Hospital utilizes a single-room maternity concept for the birth experience. Nurses, physicians and community resources collaborate as a team to meet the unique needs of each family during this very exciting time.
Sutter Amador Hospital Web site
- Online pre-registration available.
- Eight-bed maternity unit.
- One-room labor and delivery, where spouse and family can attend the birth.
- Midwifery services available.
- Pain management available, including epidurals.
- Baby can stay in the mother's room after delivery.
- Breastfeeding assistance and a pump rental station are available at the hospital.
- Virtual nursery service available to those parents who would like a birth announcement emailed to a friends and family.
Classes at Sutter Amador
A variety of childbirth preparation classes are available. For more details, visit the Sutter Amador Hospital Web site at: www.sutteramador.org