Sutter Delta Medical Center
Sutter Delta Medical Center is a 145-bed hospital serving Antioch and greater East Contra Costa County, in Northern California.
Sutter Delta Medical Center offers obstetrical or gynecological care for normal delivery, high-risk pregnancy (including women with no prenatal care, medical conditions associated with pregnancy, or pre-term labor) and operative deliveries (C-Sections).
A brand new, state-of-the-art Women’s Health Center was opened in 2005, offering a comfortable home-like setting for women and their families. In addition, a Level II Special Care Nursery was added to accommodate newborns who need a higher level of care, allowing mom and baby to stay together in the community versus transferring the baby to another facility.
Sutter Delta Medical Center Web site
- One-room labor and delivery, where spouse and family can attend the birth.
- Baby can stay in the mother's room after delivery.
- Childbirth anesthesia is available; and a dedicated operating room is available for Cesarean births, should the need arise.
- Breastfeeding assistance is available in the hospital, and mother's can attend ongoing lactation support groups.
- After the birth, parents are also offered a Parent Celebration dinner!
- Newborn photos are available on the Sutter Delta Web site, for viewing by friends and family members from out of town.