Eden Medical Center
Eden Medical Center is a 275-bed hospital system serving Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro and surrounding communities, in Northern California.
Eden Medical Center Web site
- Newly remodeled floor dedicated to women's health, with mostly private postpartum accomodations.
- Labor, delivery, recovery in one room, where partner and family can attend birth.
- Anesthesia offered 24 hours per day.
- Dedicated operating room in Labor and Delivery Unit for C-section deliveries.
- Breastfeeding encouraged and supported, with lactation specialist on staff.
- Bilingual staff - English and Spanish.
Specialty Services for Newborns
- Neonatal physician specialists on call 24 hours a day.
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for newborns needing specialized care.
Classes at Eden Medical Center
A variety of childbirth preparation and baby care classes are available. For more details, visit the Eden Medical Center Web site.