Mills-Peninsula Health Services
Peninsula Medical Center is a 400-bed hospital serving San Mateo County, in Northern California. Peninsula Medical Center is part of Mills-Peninsula Health Services.
The Family Birth Center at Peninsula Medical Center is committed to providing a birth experience tailored to the unique cultural, emotional and physical needs of each family.
Mills-Peninsula Web site
Family Birth Center at Mills-Peninsula Hospital
- A Prenatal Diagnosis Center, offering advanced technology and procedures coupled with genetic counseling to identify and treat certain genetics disorders and birth defects in the developing fetus. Available screenings include amniocentesis, NT (nuchal translucency), carrier testing, diagnostic tests, chorionic villus sampling (CVS), ultrasound and genetic counseling.
- Fifteen spacious birthing suites, plus antepartum and private postpartum accommodations.
- One-room labor and delivery, where spouse and family can attend the birth.
- Baby stays in the mother's room after delivery.
- Certified nurse midwives are available to assist with labor and delivery.
- Childbirth anesthesia is available; and two dedicated operating rooms are available for Cesarean births.
- Bilingual staff - English and Spanish.
- Neonatal specialists are available.
- Dedicated neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for newborns in need of specialized care.
- Breastfeeding assistance in the hospital - actation specialist on staff.
Classes at Mills-Peninsula
A variety of childbirth preparation classes are available, including a program for pregnant women with diabetes, as well as and yoga and aquatic exercise programs. Classes and events at Mills-Peninsula Health Services.