Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital is a 175-bed hospital serving Santa Rosa and surrounding communities, in Northern California.
At Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital, we believe every birth is a unique experience. We are proud to provide a range of delivery options, including the services of OB/GYNs, family physicians and certified midwives.
- We believe that women have the right to make informed choices about their health care.
- We respect the dignity of women and children in all cultures and in all stages of their lives, and we will provide respectful and personalized care for our diverse patient population.
- We are advocates of family-centered care, and we believe that family involvement is integral to optimal health.
A Prenatal Diagnosis Center offering advanced technology and procedures coupled with genetic counseling to identify and treat certain genetics disorders and birth defects in the developing fetus. This service is offered as a satellite program of California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco.
- One-room labor and delivery, where spouse and family can attend the birth.
- Baby can stay in the mother's room after delivery.
- Childbirth anesthesia is available; and a dedicated operating room is available for Cesarean births, should the need arise.
- Certified Nurse Midwives are available to assist with labor and delivery.
- Bilingual staff are available - English and Spanish.
- Neonatal specialists are available for newborns in need.
- Dedicated neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for newborns in need of specialized care.
- Breastfeeding assistance is available in the hospital, and a unique retail store for women offers breastfeeding supplies and materials.
- Newborn photos are available on the SMCSR Web site, for viewing by friends and family members from out of town.
Web Based Tour
For a Web-based "tour" of the SMCSR labor and delivery service, click here.
A variety of childbirth preparation classes are available, including classes for pregnant women with diabetes.