Frequently Asked Questions
Pregnancy and birth are two of the most important events you will experience in your life. Both deserve careful and thoughtful preparation. Learning as much as possible about pregnancy, birth and parenthood will help you be more relaxed and comfortable with all the changes in your body and your life. Attending childbirth classes, having regular physician appointments, reading books, talking to others and asking lots of questions will also help you prepare for the birth of your baby. The prenatal information in this chapter is meant to help you learn a good place to start learning about pregnancy. It will also help you make decisions about your care with your health care provider.
- Do's and don'ts during pregnancy.
- Are there good books to read on pregancy, birth and parenting?
- Questions to ask yourself when you're planning your maternity leave.
- Classes you'll want to take during your pregnancy.
- Checklist of things to do in each trimester of pregnancy and after the birth.
- Frequently asked questions about prenatal nutrition and weight gain.